Friday, August 27, 2010

Another Never-revealed painting


House on Hwy 1

1993, 24" x 36", Acrylic on Canvas

This wasn't even up on my wall in the gallery for a week before it sold. I must have done something right.







Again, the scan is from a 35mm slide, better quality than most of the slides. Still a far cry from the quality of a 4 x 5....or even a good, hi-res digital pic, it seems.

Regarding subject matter, all I remember is that this house was on Hwy 1 in Northern California, at the northern end of a town named Elk.

 
This place just had that quiet, secretive, almost Gothic feel that I love so much about the Northern California (and all points north) coast.

2 comments:

Diane T said...

Lovely. I see why it sold quickly.

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

I like this one a lot. Nice work Bill!