Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Another oldie

One of the most haunting places in the world (for me), I've loved Amboy, California, from the first moment I saw it. I've never been able to shake it since.

Located between Needles and Barstow on Route 66, it's a prominent piece of American History, and nearly disappeared over the last decade due to neglect and unfortunate custodianship, but thanks to a new owner and a commitment to restoring it as lovingly as possible, Amboy has enjoyed a resurgence.  





This is a scan from a 35mm slide of a 24" x 48" painting I did in the late 90's....from a visit there in '95. 

http://www.rt66roys.com/

When I have a few moments, I will post some more about this fascinating place, but be sure to visit the link to know more about Amboy and Roy's.

2 comments:

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

I love the sky in this one Bill!

Coby said...

Ahhh!! Wonderful to see 'old friends' Brings back so many fun memories Bill.