Sunday, June 19, 2011

New Painting Underway

I've had this on my plate for a long time, and finally have made some huge progress on it. I started it over twice, after not feeling it, and now, in this iteration, am finally feeling it. It's mainly a painting from memory, recalling a nighttime drive when I was living on the Olympic Peninsula when I was fourteen.... driving through the woods, we came upon a flat, clear stretch of  marshy meadows that led back into more woods. Completely isolated in this scene was a lone house, the creepy kind you see sitting all alone, in serious need of a paint job, and with a few dead trees around it, everything dilapidated...but with signs of someone still living in it. 




That's the feeling I am working off of for this painting, operative word being "feeling", because the other versions before this didn't have it. 






2 comments:

chad r said...

Awesome!! I may want to buy this one from you. Really like the feeling it brings. Great job! Chad R

Kev P said...

Looks great, keep up the good work Bill.